The evolution of Ghostery under Better Advertising’s ownership over the last few months has been fast paced. The Ghostery team’s goal has been to bolster your capacity for bug free web browsing, which brings us to V.2.1 of Ghostery.
New in V.2.1:
- Refreshing your browser to implement option updates is no longer necessary – Ghostery now recognizes updates automatically.
- The Ghostery bug list has an automatic weekly update, available exclusively on an opt-in basis.
- An On-Demand bug list update is also available by selecting the Ghostery ghost.
- Detection of Flash and Silverlight cookies, with deletion available to users’ on an opt-in basis, where the selected domains are deleted upon browser closure.
- Detection of Web bugs embedded within IMG tags and iFrame page elements. Deletion of these tags is exclusively on an opt-in basis given blocking has the capacity to cause page breaks.
We’re thrilled with all the feedback we received on the initial Beta, which helped us finesse the final release. Keep the feedback coming and share your love for Ghostery with other users’.