I just uploaded Ghostery v1.5 to the Mozilla Add-ons site. The Mozilla editors still need to review it in order to approve it, I hope that will happen soon.
You can download the latest version from here, current Ghostery users can just wait for Firefox to automatically notify you of the update.
What’s new in v1.5:
- We’ve added a new notification system. Now you’ll be able to click on the ghost icon in your statusbar to see which trackers were found on the current page. [see screenshots in slideshow]
- An entirely new Ghostery website is here. From the new menu you can click on the “What is X?” links to be taken to the new Ghostery Directory where you can learn what this tracker does, who owns it, see how popular it is via GhostRank data, leave comments and rate the tracker. [see screenshots in slideshow]
- You can now get to Ghostery’s Options screen and other links right from your browser’s Tools-> menu. [see screenshots in slideshow]
- A common request from our users was to be able to see the source of the trackers we find. Now you can see a cached version of the tracker source. [see screenshots in slideshow]
- Modified or added definitions for Yahoo Web Analytics, Tynt Tracer, i-stats, Snoobi, Rocket Fuel, ShinyStat, VisiStat, NedStat, Acerno, Mindset Media, GoDaddy Site Analytics’, AdNexus, AlmondNet, Collective Media, eXelate, Fox Audience Network, interCLICK, NextAction, Traffic Marketplace, Turn, Real Media, etracker, Comscore VoiceFive, AddThis and Bizo.
- [Bug fix] Fixed problem with German and Spanish translations not working properly.
The biggest surprise to me is to see how vibrant the Ghostery community has become so quickly, thank you all. I can’t wait to set the community loose on v1.5 and the new Ghostery Directory!!