Ghostery for Chrome is all grown up – v3.0 is available now, full of improvements.
First and foremost, thanks to a new and improved API from Chromium, Ghostery for Chrome now has complete detection and blocking! Goodbye forever, [experimental] tag! As of v3.0, Ghostery for Chrome catches all trackers just as it does on Firefox.
Also new to v3.0 – surrogate script support. Certain scripts are known to break pages when blocked. Ghostery will now replace these scripts with dummy versions, which should help resolve common blocking conflicts. Let us know when something doesn’t work because of Ghostery’s blocking, and we will try to fix it for all Ghostery users!
You want even more release notes? No problem -
- Fixed the alert bubble display issue in Chrome 17+; addressed alert bubble security issues, plus fixed several display conflicts on various websites.
- Hid alert bubble from print documents.
- Tracker library updates now happen over HTTPS.
- Improved findings popup’s display of long names and URLs.
- Compressed images to reduce package size.
- Updated the bundled tracker library.
Thanks for using Ghostery!
Ghostery Product Manager
andy [at] ghostery [dot] com